“Behold, God, my salvation!”
In that day, I was bound and chained. Unable to see differently, think differently, act differently…stuck in pit with no hope. In that day, I couldn’t see what I couldn’t see. Blind to the bondage and to the degree of it.
“Sing praises to the Lord!”
In that day, He was doing excellent things, gloriously! He was my strength and my song through the pain. He was my company behind the walls. He was my trust and confidence to keep pushing forward. He was my salvation with the impossible!
In this day…
I say of the Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you! It is by Your Name, I make known Your deeds to set this captive free, to open my blinded eyes, to make this lame girl walk in wholeness…
You in my midst, Holy One, is my victory and my delight! It is by Your Name, I cry aloud and shout for joy to make known Your greatness to all the earth. You are my salvation! You are my comfort! I proclaim Your Name exalted, Jesus!
The war is on, the fighting rages
will I or won’t I?
I have to choose to obey You
pressure, ridicule, condemnation, guilt
I still can’t seem to choose You, “strengthen me, Lord! ”
no help for the flesh to win
“Lord, I need you!”
get up, fail, get up, fail… weary and tired from trying
From my foxhole I cry: “Grace me, Jesus, to do what I can’t.”
a hush falls on the battlefield, something just happened
all eyes shift to see
He’s now fighting, not me
(This is not a quote or an excerpt from the book. It is truth I came away with and truth of Jesus to share. Book reference: The Nature of Freedom, by Graham Cooke)
Abiding is not a limited time offer – it is to continue in a place, to not leave a person. Existing with a person.
- It takes commitment to abide in a place, abide with a person. It takes commitment to die to self, to die for someone and live for someone.
- Father God’s commitment to us and our whole life, is established forever in the Blood of Jesus.
- Jesus’ commitment to us and our whole life, is forever established by His Blood.
Bound and unable to free myself, the Lord whispered: “The Truth Shall Set You Free” and then started to show me a little more.
Do we know the truth? In my experiences with myself, I can say the truth is often buried and takes digging (effort) to uncover. Some freeing truths:
- The truth about others sets us free
- Their issues aren’t ours, but in some cases can reveal a place to be healed inside of us
- Their view of us may be clouded by their own hurts/issues within themselves
- The truth about ourselves according to God will set us free
- What Father God says about us will set us free of the opinions of man
- The truth of our precious value will set us free from allowing others to devalue us, use us, abuse us
- The truth of our precious value will set us free from the pride of our flesh
- The truth about how we feel will set us free
- I’m seeing more and more that true freedom is being able to set boundaries. I’ve lived life in chains of silence, allowing others to treat me however…but not being able to be honest with how we feel, not being able to even fully know how we feel is a form of bondage.
- The truth about God will set us free
- The Sovereignty and Majesty of God in all things…all things concerning us and our lives
- The authority and power we have in Christ
- The awesome power and authority Christ has to deliver us, redeem us, set us free, heal us, save us…
- The power of the Word of God, the Blood and Name of Jesus believed and put into action will set us free from all the power of the enemy
In times of our greatest failures/defeats, struggles, issues, confusion and lie filled thoughts swirling, hear and know this:
- God is the one holding you, and He isn’t going to let go.
Talk it out with Him, be real with Him, tell Him everything. Somehow/someway – He’s got this!
“We live our lives as a tale that is told” Ps 90:9b
“What kind of Love is writing my story till the end with Mercy’s pen? Only You.” Natalie Grant, Alive
Somehow God’s pen weaves and blends and enlivens our tiny lives with His heavenly plan and purposes and light. The tales that will be told of us will be many and varied. Some sad, some happy… As we live, our story unfolds and we face opportunities to participate, asking for greater adventures from the Writer. The ride we are on is one our human minds cannot fathom. The next chapter, always a mystery.
Going into the New Year, let us ascribe to Him the Love of a Heavenly Father watching over his child and Honor Him – Faithful Writer of our stories.
New Year’s 2016 – Father, Writer of my tales, You have made me alive to life in 2015. For 2016, I pray for hearts desires, grander adventures, and even deeper joys.
(picture found in Goggle search: rights free to use and share)
My faith in God must rule my feelings, not my feelings ruling my faith in God.
We see a lot in this world, we feel a lot about what we see, and the enemy loves to mess with our walk through this opening. This is a huge “ruder” he can use to steer us wrong, if we allow it.
We who walk with Jesus are not to walk with our human eyes, but with our spiritual eyes that see beyond the physical and allow us to think and believe beyond the natural.