“Behold, God, my salvation!”
In that day, I was bound and chained. Unable to see differently, think differently, act differently…stuck in pit with no hope. In that day, I couldn’t see what I couldn’t see. Blind to the bondage and to the degree of it.
“Sing praises to the Lord!”
In that day, He was doing excellent things, gloriously! He was my strength and my song through the pain. He was my company behind the walls. He was my trust and confidence to keep pushing forward. He was my salvation with the impossible!
In this day…
I say of the Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you! It is by Your Name, I make known Your deeds to set this captive free, to open my blinded eyes, to make this lame girl walk in wholeness…
You in my midst, Holy One, is my victory and my delight! It is by Your Name, I cry aloud and shout for joy to make known Your greatness to all the earth. You are my salvation! You are my comfort! I proclaim Your Name exalted, Jesus!
The war is on, the fighting rages
will I or won’t I?
I have to choose to obey You
pressure, ridicule, condemnation, guilt
I still can’t seem to choose You, “strengthen me, Lord! ”
no help for the flesh to win
“Lord, I need you!”
get up, fail, get up, fail… weary and tired from trying
From my foxhole I cry: “Grace me, Jesus, to do what I can’t.”
a hush falls on the battlefield, something just happened
all eyes shift to see
He’s now fighting, not me
(This is not a quote or an excerpt from the book. It is truth I came away with and truth of Jesus to share. Book reference: The Nature of Freedom, by Graham Cooke)
Bound and unable to free myself, the Lord whispered: “The Truth Shall Set You Free” and then started to show me a little more.
Do we know the truth? In my experiences with myself, I can say the truth is often buried and takes digging (effort) to uncover. Some freeing truths:
- The truth about others sets us free
- Their issues aren’t ours, but in some cases can reveal a place to be healed inside of us
- Their view of us may be clouded by their own hurts/issues within themselves
- The truth about ourselves according to God will set us free
- What Father God says about us will set us free of the opinions of man
- The truth of our precious value will set us free from allowing others to devalue us, use us, abuse us
- The truth of our precious value will set us free from the pride of our flesh
- The truth about how we feel will set us free
- I’m seeing more and more that true freedom is being able to set boundaries. I’ve lived life in chains of silence, allowing others to treat me however…but not being able to be honest with how we feel, not being able to even fully know how we feel is a form of bondage.
- The truth about God will set us free
- The Sovereignty and Majesty of God in all things…all things concerning us and our lives
- The authority and power we have in Christ
- The awesome power and authority Christ has to deliver us, redeem us, set us free, heal us, save us…
- The power of the Word of God, the Blood and Name of Jesus believed and put into action will set us free from all the power of the enemy
“We live our lives as a tale that is told” Ps 90:9b
“What kind of Love is writing my story till the end with Mercy’s pen? Only You.” Natalie Grant, Alive
Somehow God’s pen weaves and blends and enlivens our tiny lives with His heavenly plan and purposes and light. The tales that will be told of us will be many and varied. Some sad, some happy… As we live, our story unfolds and we face opportunities to participate, asking for greater adventures from the Writer. The ride we are on is one our human minds cannot fathom. The next chapter, always a mystery.
Going into the New Year, let us ascribe to Him the Love of a Heavenly Father watching over his child and Honor Him – Faithful Writer of our stories.
New Year’s 2016 – Father, Writer of my tales, You have made me alive to life in 2015. For 2016, I pray for hearts desires, grander adventures, and even deeper joys.
(picture found in Goggle search: rights free to use and share)
My faith in God must rule my feelings, not my feelings ruling my faith in God.
We see a lot in this world, we feel a lot about what we see, and the enemy loves to mess with our walk through this opening. This is a huge “ruder” he can use to steer us wrong, if we allow it.
We who walk with Jesus are not to walk with our human eyes, but with our spiritual eyes that see beyond the physical and allow us to think and believe beyond the natural.
Peace is internal
Stress is external
I used to see stress as part of my internal nature that I couldn’t change, but am now seeing that isn’t true. I/We can face life and circumstances firmly grounded in the peace of Christ.
- Stress is not caused by others or uncontrollably imposed on us by others.
- Stress is all about how we are thinking about that situation – perspective and beliefs.
Are we choosing to “charge-up” our internal peace of the Holy Spirit or are we “charging-up” the stress levels? God is asking us to upgrade our thinking to see and believe we cannot fail because we are amazingly loved by Father God, and to get a new thought about Him that will replace stress with faith.
We do have the choice in whatever circumstance we face.
pictures from Google search: free to use and share privileges
“So, by nature, the + and – want to “rearrange themselves to get rid of the difference””
Sir Isaac Newton said the law of the conservation of energy is: “Energy is not lost or destroyed, it is merely transferred from on party to the next.”
One thing I was shown:
As we walk through this life we are faced with choices, thoughts, and things/people/self, trying to pull our focus in a different direction.
- Our focus is key to where our “energy” is “transferred” and which “energy” we are increasing.
Focusing on a perceived lack or negatives in our lives makes way for anger, resentments, and moves us into taking wrong actions – justifying wrong ways to get what we want…to name a few.
Life becomes all about us and filling that void/lack/want. We lose sight of:
- What we do have
- How good it is in all other ways
- What we loved about that person (spouse)
- What they are feeling or are going through
- What we are doing to them in our pursuit of self-fulfillment
If you, too, have fallen into this trap, free yourself by refocusing!
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Psalm 145:16 You (God) open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing.
Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.