“Behold, God, my salvation!”
In that day, I was bound and chained. Unable to see differently, think differently, act differently…stuck in pit with no hope. In that day, I couldn’t see what I couldn’t see. Blind to the bondage and to the degree of it.
“Sing praises to the Lord!”
In that day, He was doing excellent things, gloriously! He was my strength and my song through the pain. He was my company behind the walls. He was my trust and confidence to keep pushing forward. He was my salvation with the impossible!
In this day…
I say of the Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you! It is by Your Name, I make known Your deeds to set this captive free, to open my blinded eyes, to make this lame girl walk in wholeness…
You in my midst, Holy One, is my victory and my delight! It is by Your Name, I cry aloud and shout for joy to make known Your greatness to all the earth. You are my salvation! You are my comfort! I proclaim Your Name exalted, Jesus!
The war is on, the fighting rages
will I or won’t I?
I have to choose to obey You
pressure, ridicule, condemnation, guilt
I still can’t seem to choose You, “strengthen me, Lord! ”
no help for the flesh to win
“Lord, I need you!”
get up, fail, get up, fail… weary and tired from trying
From my foxhole I cry: “Grace me, Jesus, to do what I can’t.”
a hush falls on the battlefield, something just happened
all eyes shift to see
He’s now fighting, not me
(This is not a quote or an excerpt from the book. It is truth I came away with and truth of Jesus to share. Book reference: The Nature of Freedom, by Graham Cooke)
Movie’s like: Star Wars, Cinderella, and Harry Potter are all within the Fantasy genre. And of course, Erotica, romance novels, and the adult movie industry are all completely immersed in Fantasy. Fantasy sells. People describe it as: Escapism, other-worldly… they want a break from reality.
- Fantasy is the realm of dreams and imagination…
- Reality is the world or state of things as they actually exist, the state or quality of having existence and substance
On one hand, dreams and imagination play an amazing creative role in life; in making movies, books, and art. But on the other hand, fantasy can have an undertow that will pull us in and down into a world where we aren’t really living, were we are just imagining a life. A world where we don’t have to face the realities of life and pleasure rules.
Be careful and aware of which realm you are in and living thru. It is a hard path to try to find reality again.
- Out of fantasy, what we end up with in reality is totally different from what we wanted.
- Proverbs 3:9 says we are to honor the Lord with our substance, but if we are living a life immersed in a fantasy life full of dreams and imaginations, what substance do we have to offer Him?
Bound and unable to free myself, the Lord whispered: “The Truth Shall Set You Free” and then started to show me a little more.
Do we know the truth? In my experiences with myself, I can say the truth is often buried and takes digging (effort) to uncover. Some freeing truths:
- The truth about others sets us free
- Their issues aren’t ours, but in some cases can reveal a place to be healed inside of us
- Their view of us may be clouded by their own hurts/issues within themselves
- The truth about ourselves according to God will set us free
- What Father God says about us will set us free of the opinions of man
- The truth of our precious value will set us free from allowing others to devalue us, use us, abuse us
- The truth of our precious value will set us free from the pride of our flesh
- The truth about how we feel will set us free
- I’m seeing more and more that true freedom is being able to set boundaries. I’ve lived life in chains of silence, allowing others to treat me however…but not being able to be honest with how we feel, not being able to even fully know how we feel is a form of bondage.
- The truth about God will set us free
- The Sovereignty and Majesty of God in all things…all things concerning us and our lives
- The authority and power we have in Christ
- The awesome power and authority Christ has to deliver us, redeem us, set us free, heal us, save us…
- The power of the Word of God, the Blood and Name of Jesus believed and put into action will set us free from all the power of the enemy
In times of our greatest failures/defeats, struggles, issues, confusion and lie filled thoughts swirling, hear and know this:
- God is the one holding you, and He isn’t going to let go.
Talk it out with Him, be real with Him, tell Him everything. Somehow/someway – He’s got this!
My faith in God must rule my feelings, not my feelings ruling my faith in God.
We see a lot in this world, we feel a lot about what we see, and the enemy loves to mess with our walk through this opening. This is a huge “ruder” he can use to steer us wrong, if we allow it.
We who walk with Jesus are not to walk with our human eyes, but with our spiritual eyes that see beyond the physical and allow us to think and believe beyond the natural.
Peace is internal
Stress is external
I used to see stress as part of my internal nature that I couldn’t change, but am now seeing that isn’t true. I/We can face life and circumstances firmly grounded in the peace of Christ.
- Stress is not caused by others or uncontrollably imposed on us by others.
- Stress is all about how we are thinking about that situation – perspective and beliefs.
Are we choosing to “charge-up” our internal peace of the Holy Spirit or are we “charging-up” the stress levels? God is asking us to upgrade our thinking to see and believe we cannot fail because we are amazingly loved by Father God, and to get a new thought about Him that will replace stress with faith.
We do have the choice in whatever circumstance we face.
pictures from Google search: free to use and share privileges