Friday evening, Joseph of Arimathaea, took Jesus’ body, wrapped it in clean linen cloth and laid His body in his own new tomb. He rolled a great stone to the door of the tomb and departed. (Matt.27:57-60)
As it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, came and rolled back the stone from the door telling Mary Magdalene and Mary that Jesus had risen. (Matt.28:1-6)
As this day dawns, Resurrection Day, we look at the last part of 1 Peter 1:3 (flip that to the first part).
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy,”
In part 1 and 2 we look at how we are born again into the joyful confident expectant life with the lively living water filling us with vital power, by the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.
In part 3 the Greek is:
- Blessed = Praised
- According = down from, through out
- Abundant = many, much, large
- Mercy = kindness or good will towards the miserable and the afflicted, joined with a desire to help them
We Praise for He is Worthy:
- Praised! Praise be to our God for his abundant mercy that would send His Son to die for me!
- Praises to my abundant Father God, who lacks nothing and is not limited by anything.
- Praise You Father that down from you I’ve received much mercy, throughout my life.
- Praise You Father that your desire is to help “them”, which included me.
- Praises to you God for Jesus’ life and death and resurrection that makes eternal life with you reality
- Father I praise you for the vital living water that empowers my life, the Holy Spirit you have sent to be all the help I need in this life!
- Praise you GOD, my Provider, that the Cross of Christ is my provision, my victory throughout my life, my healing, my way to You!
- May my praises rise to you Father for all that has come down from you into my life!
- All Praise is Yours my King, for it is only by You I live and breathe, only by Your hand Father I was formed…only by you Jesus!
- Praise You for your Kindness and love towards mankind, that You would save us, that Jesus would die for us, as we were/are yet miserable and afflicted.
- Praised and Blessed are you God, Alpha and Omega, there is no other God but You. You know the beginning and the end and yet you love us. You know our afflictions and miseries and yet You love us. Your love is not of this world. Your love is not humanly understood.
- Praise You that Holy Spirit interprets for us the spiritual language of Heaven and Your heart.
- Thank you Father! Thank you Jesus! Thank you Holy Spirit!
Bless you and Happy Resurrection Day! Praise God!