We are in Day 9 of this 30 day refreshing in Jesus, and He pointed me to John 6:10, which lead me to Ps. 23.
The green grass, the peace, the still waters…refreshing. John 6:10 is where Jesus fed the 5000 with the fishes and loaves.
- He nourishes us. He knows what we have need of before we even ask – as Matthew 6 spells out for us, we have no need to worry because our Father cares for our needs and will provide.
- He provides exactly what we need, when we need it. He knows our needs better than we do because He made us.
In Ps. 23 “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside still waters. He restoreth my soul:”
- It’s time to listen in these places. There is no hustle and bustle these places. Only the Wind (Holy Spirit) blowing over us and the sun (Son) shining all around.
- To Lie down = resting, stop striving, no more works
- Still waters = calm, peace, stillness.
This particular month of December is a time of “green pastures and still waters” for me. I encourage you too, if you need refreshing, to take December with the Lord. Sit with Him, allow the breeze of the Holy Spirit to blow over you, and look toward the Son… Listen…