Ok, so I had a little fun with the title! I just really couldn’t resist!
Ok, let’s get serious…
Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
A neighbor’s goat was making a loud noise. I was in my house and heard it, windows and door open, summertime. The goat came running by the man chasing after it with a hatchet. I covered my ears and started yelling: “La la la la la la la la” to try not to hear him kill it right outside my window, but I heard him talking to it comforting it and the slice of the hatchet to its neck. So disturbed
Then he came to my door bloody hatchet in one hand and the goat head in the other with blood on him and I tried to wake up, but I heard that he wanted to put it (the blood) on my doorpost and that I wondered at whether he was Jewish.
In the bible goats are referred to in 5 ways:
- Deception = Jacob covered himself in a goat skin to trick his father into giving him his brother Esau’s first born blessing
- Sin Sacrifice/Offering = the Israelites were to sacrifice goats for sins they committed.
- Scapegoats = In Leviticus 16 they cast lots over two goats, one would be sacrificed to the Lord for sins, and the other goat carried the sins of the people into the wilderness where it was left.
- Lambs and Goats = another reference is that the Lord will separate out believers (lambs) from non-believers (goats).
- Lambs and Goats were used for Passover Ex.12, and as Passover Offerings 2 Chron 35
I was disturbed in the dream and after I woke up. I immediately felt like I was in some way guilty of something, in need of forgiveness, and felt condemned. I kept asking God what I had done that was so horrible. The goat was killed because of the noise it was making. Unless the Lord shows me otherwise, with all of this in consideration I do not feel this to be a Godly Passover reference.
Yet again, I refer you to Melissa Flores’s blog: http://definingwords.com/2012/01/09/nail-down-your-call/ She speaks to this same issue!
This is a year that God is going to be moving through us in ways we haven’t yet experienced. 2012 is a time when we are to be the “doors, that the King of glory may come” through!
The meaning I take from this dream is an add-on to Melissa’s post, that the enemy would love to cover us with the blood of sin, guilt, fear, and condemnation, which results in us doing what I wanted to do – close the door and get away, but we are the “door” that the King wants to come through; we must remain open for Him to use!
In our minds the lies are soft and quiet. They are whispers through our subconscious barely there to our conscious thoughts; if we aren’t listening carefully we miss them. Condemning thoughts, nagging guilt, questions on our rightness before God, accusations that we would mislead or hurt people…all of these are from the enemy.
2 Corinthians 10:5
“4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
We already have inside us the ability to “demolish” those thoughts and everything else that sets itself up against the truth of Jesus Christ.
Who is Christ in you? And, who are you in Christ? Start digging in the Word, cause in those answers is the victory over those lies!
As Melissa said so well:
- Now is not the time to back off, shrink away, or bow to blasts of intimidation.
- Draw the deepest breath your lungs will allow.
- Muster your courage.
- Now, let loose a roar of determination.
- Satan! It is ON!