Something so precious has been impressed upon my heart to share – Jesus wants to share His heart of protection for you, with you, so that you will know beyond doubting that He IS your protection, your safe place, your strong tower of refuge in time of trouble.
Ps. 61:1-4 “God, hear my cry; pay attention to my prayer. I call to You from the ends of the earth when my heart is without strength. Lead me to a rock that is high above me, for You have been a refuge for me, a strong tower in the face of the enemy. I will live in Your tent forever and take refuge under the shelter of Your wings. Selah”
Standing in church during a worship service, I was in a very hard battle at that point in my life. The enemy was coming at me viciously and I was crying out to the Lord. I received a word that there would be a storm coming, but how could I handle the battle getting worse? Suddenly I saw a vision of a small bird that was then me and I was in a cave, or so I thought. I looked at the walls closer, because they looked soft, to find they were feathers. There was an opening and beyond that a storm raged so violently I was scared even looking at it, but the Lord showed me that here, in this place, I was safe. I was under the arch of Jesus’ wing.
Ps. 91:4 “He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield.”
My heart broke even though it took me a day or two to comprehend the visions meanings.
1. Being under the wing of the Lord is a real place, a real and present shelter in times of trouble. David spoke so often of this shelter I can only believe that he experienced that place as well, and wanted, as I do, to comfort others that it’s there for you. Jesus is there for you!
2. The direction of the wing was pointing to the left. Why is that important? Well, since Jesus is seated at the Right Hand of God, and His wing was pointed left – we are not just under His wing, we are smack-dab between Jesus and God. Any other place you can think of that would be safer than that?
3. Jesus’ heart is overflowing with love and concern for you – He wants you to feel protected, to feel safe, to feel His protective grasp around you. He wants you to know He’s there for you and will hold you in that special place under His wing. He loves you beyond measure and will see you through any and all storms.
4. He alerts us to danger and knows when we are too small and weak to handle it emotionally.
5. Even though He allowed the storm to come, He sheltered me from its destruction. (that’s a whole other post)
This vision calmed the fear of the storm and put my feet on that Rock that is Higher than I. I pray it will become yours in your knower – that it’s for you too.
If you are in a storm right now – Jesus is talking to you.
If one comes – Jesus wanted you to already have this place in mind for a refuge. It’s so awesome Jesus wanted you to know this. There is plenty of room for all under that Mighty Wing.
God Bless you